• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Visual Studio, C++23's import std; and V

Visual Studio, C++23's import std; and VS Intellisense

Gotta love the very clear and easy to understand error message for a C++23 bit of code:

Error (active) E3467 the partition "syntax.binary-fold-expression" specified its entry size as 56 when 54 was expected

Here's an example of the "offending" code:

import std;

int main( ) 
{
   int answer { 42 };

std::println("The answer to life, the universe, and everything is {}.", answer);
}

It doesn't matter if one imports std or std.compat conforming C++23 code compiles without a problem. The VS IDE Intellisense is just not all that intelligent.
Heh, the issue has been "fixed" internally at MS for over 1 and 1/2 years and still they won't update it.

That error message is one of the worst for explaining what is wrong with the code, yet isn't wrong since it does compile without a hitch.

There are a couple of other minor annoyances that VS has working with C++23 code. Kinda to be expected since there isn't a single compiler that is 100% conforming at this time.
Heh, the issue has been "fixed" internally at MS for over 1 and 1/2 years and still they won't update it.

The internal implementation fix was 23 Jan 2024. It took 15 months to get the fix!
M'ok, so I misread what was going on. I admit I just gave the link a cursory once-over, so didn't fully understand the implications of the dissembling.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.