Lounge - March 2024

Cools stuff I’m not gonna use

Heh, wanted to just do a simple string match — nothing fancy even, just has to test for an exact match in a small set of strings... There’re all kinds of...
[3 replies] Last: So, I’m looking over my old code and tweaking it to put up for all t... (by Duthomhas)
Program testing works... when you’ve enabled it...

Spent two hours trying to figure out why my X11 window wasn’t getting keyboard focus and input. It was. ...I had just turned off all my debugging output ...
[2 replies] Last: Heh, I told Windows to take a hike. I’m very happily running Linux ... (by Duthomhas)
git mv command

Hi.I hope it is ok to ask GIT questions here. I have a local directory - lets call it dir1, where i have couple of files, and commit history (in local and re...
[1 reply] : Is it truly "deleted"? man git-log mentions: --follow Continue l... (by keskiverto)
Where to get dictionaries for spellcheck during coding?

I'm coding in VSCode and use the extension called cSpell which let's me set custom dictionaries to spell check code, comments and any text in source files. P...
[7 replies] Last: You’re welcome. :O) (by Duthomhas)
by jonnin
moron in chief teams with M$ to diss C++

Looks like the US government wants to fix all our problems for us... brought to you by the same guy who thinks firing your shotgun thru the door at a unknown an...
[5 replies] Last: Governments are always trying to remove the innate ability of programm... (by seeplus)
  Archived months: [feb2024]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.