Windows Programming - February 2021

Argument of type Void is incompatible pthread c++

I want the Run function to run its own thread, but it shows an error, how to make it compatible with each other Error : argument of type "void (cMain::)(void ...
[3 replies] Last: Oops - Runner still needs to return void* (by salem c)
Understanding if else Statements in C ++:

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { // This is the work done in the housekeeping() function // Declare and initialize variables her...
[1 reply] : Is this a question, or an example? (by salem c)
Executing background tasks in Asp.Net

When the call is blocking i.e. doesn't participate in the async process it doesn't make sense to start an async task. What you can do is starting an independen...
[no replies]
Creating a Window

Hey everyone, Can you please check this code. It creates a window, but I can't do anything with it. Move, resize, minimize, maximize, etc. It just opens t...
[18 replies] Last: @freddie1, I am so beyond worrying about how many lines of code are us... (by George P)
by thawek
WinAPI BitBlt flickering

Hello! It seems this topic has been evaulated quite intensively here, but I can't get it to work anyways. This is a DLL injecting to the main APP via provided ...
[3 replies] Last: Rearranged some code, found HFONT and HDC leak as well the fact, that ... (by thawek)
How to fix error when overriding a ListView

When dragging on the form, an error occurs. #include "MyComponent.h" using namespace System; using namespace System::Windows::Forms; using namespace System::...
[no replies]
by Ganado
[mingw g++] makefile target without exe extension

Let's say I have a makefile such as the following: my_program.exe : source.cpp other_dependency.cpp g++ source.cpp other_dependency.cpp -o my_program (com...
[7 replies] Last: I think he's saying that the "my_program" target will always be "out o... (by dutch)
Child Window Not Processing WM_SIZE (1,2)

I have a child window that, for some reason, is not processing the WM_SIZE message, when I use the MoveWindow() function. The position (x, y) changes with Move...
[23 replies] Last: Glad you got it! Some messages can be tricky. I think WM_CTLCOLORSTA... (by freddie1)
by sm9
Attempting to port a C source written for POSIX to Windows (1,2)

Hi everyone, I am trying to natively compile a program called 'MRCC' (a quantum chemistry program) in Windows 10. The source code of the program is mainly writ...
[24 replies] Last: there are plenty of up to date programs for common tasks. If its some... (by jonnin)
by Mif
How to read from a file from a certain point when select from a ListBox

Hello.. I have a list box and selecting an item from it I want to reproduce some text in a edit control reading from a file from a certain location. This means ...
[2 replies] Last: ..Aaa right :| I understand the concept, now I will try to reproduce ... (by Mif)
including external packages

Hi, I'm totally new to C++, so please explanation for retards :) I have downloaded a package (don't know if that's the correct name, I come from Java), the pack...
[1 reply] : c++ is more hands on than java. you have to tell the linker to use th... (by jonnin)
How to correctly install "fftw" library on Windows

Hi there, I am new to this forum and hope I chose the correct section for this topic. I am also completely new to C++ and try to get some exemplary codes ...
[5 replies] Last: Sure. I will keep kiss in mind as an alternative. Since I feel like I ... (by bielburg)
is it possible to Make Router firmware with C++

Apparently - yes https://openwrt.org/ https://dd-wrt.com/
[no replies]
Convert binary to decimal

I want to ask how to convert 32 bit binary to decimal. As far as I could is convert 10 bit with this code: private: System::Void Button1_Click(System::O...
[4 replies] Last: Why do you still have lines 6 - 12? @nuderobmonkey's point was that i... (by doug4)
ELI5: How do programs from client PCs receive updates?

Some GUI applications give users the option to "Check for Updates". I want to set up that kind of feature for my console application. How does this work? What i...
[1 reply] : I am not an expert (I have not done this professionally) but my unders... (by jonnin)
by Weasel
gl3w opengl problem

I've been trying to create a template in VS2019 so I don't have to create a new file every time. I've been using the OpenGL Red Book and following the instruct...
[1 reply] : Simply including a needed 3rd party library file to a project/solutio... (by George P)
  Archived months: [jan2021] [mar2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.