Windows Programming - May 2022

by oddy
About multi-lingual support on MinGW

One day I downloaded a version of MinGW. When I was trying using it to compile a C++ source file, I found that, took me by surprise, the compiler can produce Ch...
[4 replies] Last: @kigar64551 I found that when I am under Windows 7 the MinGW compiler... (by oddy)
How to edit 'Inherit from parent or project defaults'

In the Visual Studio IDE I need to do the following: I am looking for a way to edit in particular this global macro. Can this only be done in an install? When ...
[1 reply] : This question was answered on Stackoverflow. See ArenaLor's Answer at ... (by rtischer8277)
MoveAFlileFromPCToFlashDriveUsingDMA

Hello, guys, how can i move my "sample.txt" file from my PC (NTFS) to a flash drive (FAT32) using DMA or programm interrupt in my cpp programm?
[2 replies] Last: And if the OP is looking for something less Win-centric and more C++ t... (by George P)
Troubles Calling C++/CLI .NET Framework From .NET Core

For over two years I have been developing a web front end for ScummVM as a 'challenge project'. There is a .NET entrypoint which talks via C++/CLI to Scu...
[no replies]
System Idletime

Hello all, i just want to get the users idletime, meaning how much time passed after the last user input on the system. I found some "solutions", but someth...
[4 replies] Last: I do not know how, where, etc. But somewhere, windows tracks the idle... (by jonnin)
Cross compiling for Windows on ARM

I have a tablet PC with an ARM processor running Windows 10, and I'd like to compile programs for it, but I want to run the compiler on a different machine. Com...
[4 replies] Last: Compilers are never available natively for ARM, including Visual Stud... (by George P)
How to pause a for loop

I want to make a system that counts up to 5 on a win32 screen but my issue is I cant figure out a way to pause just the for loop because everything I try just p...
[7 replies] Last: you can also just move the for loop into its own function as a thread.... (by jonnin)
how initializate a template class static variable?

template<typename T> class Form { public: static int i; Form() { i++; cout << i << "\t"; } ~Form() { ...
[14 replies] Last: can i do these: typedef static inline Static; ? error line: " 'Sta... (by Cambalinho)
new LNK1104 error in Visual Studio

I thought a recent link error was due to having left a resource open, which is causing an 'Access Denied' to my Debug folder and subsequent .exe file. Now, I'm...
[7 replies] Last: Nope. ProcessHacker provides the same info as the MS tool does. The ... (by kigar64551)
Windows Process Hooking

Hello community, i dont get it how to hook the running process of my .exe into f. ex. notepad.exe process. I dont find anything usable in the internet, but onl...
[1 reply] : "Hooking" means that you replace a certain function with your own im... (by kigar64551)
by garett
How to format CString variable?

Hello everybody! :-) Need some help with my Win32 app - there is some SQL query to mdb file, so one of the fields is date, for example: SqlString2 = "SELECT ...
[2 replies] Last: CString has some formatting but not for dates that I know of. you hav... (by jonnin)
Windows API Webcam Snap

Hello everyone, ive just wondered how i can take a snapshot of my webcam after listing all available sources. So I searched for this topic, but did not reall...
[2 replies] Last: Ive just found something: // create the preview window HWND hC... (by LukeProducts)
Sending Files over socket not working properly

Hello there, i am working on a project to send files over a chat socket using windows api. My implementations of download() are: ClientSide: void downloa...
[4 replies] Last: Hello guys, thank you so much. I didn't consider to expect that sen... (by LukeProducts)
  Archived months: [apr2022] [jun2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.